Conference Sessions & Speakers
Cando is pleased to announce a Call for Presenters for its 29th Annual National Conference & AGM “Transforming Economic Development in Changing Times” to be held on June 26-29, 2023 in Membertou, Nova Scotia. This year’s conference will be co-hosted by Membertou First Nation.
Cando conferences provide Economic Development Officers (EDOs) with tools and resources to discover new opportunities for community economic development in Indigenous regions & communities throughout Canada. The conference will be of interest to all, from the beginner community economic developer to the advanced practitioner. We will examine urban, rural and remote challenges; offer exposure to diverse perspectives including First Nation, Métis and Inuit, and showcase entrepreneurial approaches in Indigenous economic development.
This is your opportunity to share your expertise, experiences and wisdom with fellow professionals working in Indigenous economic development. Conference workshop themes will reflect the multiple bottom lines of Indigenous economic development: social, cultural, economic and environmental. Conference sessions will address topics that have direct impact on EDOs and will provide the audience with the practical information and tools needed to strengthen Indigenous economies.
The Conference Committee has identified the following workshop topics to be addressed during the upcoming conference:
- Economic Development in Changing Times
- Economic Reconciliation Initiatives & Best Practices
- Indigenous Social Innovation
- Investment Opportunities Identification
- Lending & Financing
- Strategic Partnerships & Joint Ventures
- Indigenous Procurement - Doing Business with Corporate Canada & Government
- Indigenous Tourism
- Promoting & Supporting Entrepreneurship in Your Community
- Recognizing Youth and Women Entrepreneurs
- Strategic Alliances & Partnerships
- Sustainable Development Success Stories
- Environmental Stewardship & Indigenous Community Economic Development
- Impact Benefit Agreements / Taxation / Duty to Consult
- Successful Projects and Developments in Forestry, Fishing, Aquaculture, Cannabis, Renewable Energy & Land Designations
- Traditional Land Use
Training / Education
- Developing EDO Tools & Resources
- Human Resources Training
- Innovative Entrepreneurship
- Training & Professional Development
- Utilizing Resources & Knowledge
- Accountability & Performance Measurement
- Board Governance
- Economic Development Corporations
- Leadership & Governance in CED
Download a Call for Conference Presenters here.
Deadline for submissions: February 28, 2023
Please refer to Cando Conference Speaker Policy for information as to compensation for speakers’ expenses.
Questions? Please contact Svitlana Konoval at email@example.com or (780) 990-0303 x 231.