CONNECTING YOUR POST SECONDARY EDUCATION TO THE FINANCIAL RESOURCES YOU NEED
The National Indigenous Economic Education Foundation (NIEEF) is a charitable organization of Cando providing scholarships, training and research funding to students involved in Indigenous community economic development.
The NIEEF Indigenous Scholarships ($2,000 each) will be awarded to 3 successful applicants at Cando’s upcoming Annual National Conference & AGM.
Deadline to apply: Extended to July 15, 2017
Selection is based on passing Grade 12 marks or post secondary GPA (Grade Point Average). Please review eligibility requirements carefully.
- Priority will be given to students enrolled in one of the Cando accredited institutions
- Must be a current Cando Student member
- Attending or currently enrolled as a full-time student in a post-secondary institution
- Proof of Indigenous ancestry
- Studying in the fields of: Business Administration / Economics, Business Finance, Business Management, Natural Resources or CED
To qualify for this scholarship, please submit the following:
- Completed NIEEF Scholarship Application Form
- Cover letter outlining a personal introduction, educational level achieved to date and your community involvement
- A copy of the most recent official transcripts
- Proof of current enrollment
- Two (2) Letters of Support
- Essay describing career goals & aspirations
- Proof of Indigenous Ancestry
- Completed Cando Student Membership Form ($25+GST membership fee)
Mail completed scholarship application to:
Congratulations to 2016 NIEEF Scholarship recipients! We wish them all the best in their future endeavours!
To read about past NIEEF Scholarship recipients, click here.