ED of the Year Award
RECOGNIZE! CELEBRATE! HONOUR!
Sharing our stories and celebrating our successes will ensure that economic development initiatives continue to grow. In 1995, the Cando Economic Developer of the Year Award was created to recognize and promote recent or long-standing Aboriginal economic development initiatives throughout Canada.
Three outstanding examples of Aboriginal economic development were awarded for their hard work over the year. Delegates at the National Conference voted for three categories: Individual EDO, Community & Aboriginal Private Sector Business.
See past winners and read complete profiles on current ED of the Year Award recipients.
2010 Economic Developer of the Year Award Winners
Presentation of award from L-R: CIDL, Rodeny Hester and TWCC.
- Chippewa Industrial Developments Ltd., ON (Community Category)
- Rodney W. Hester, Cree Regional Economic Enterprises Company Inc., QC (Individual EDO Category)
- Tribal Wi-Chi-Way-Win Capital Corporation, MB (Aboriginal Private Sector Business Category)
2010 Economic Developer of the Year Recognition Recipients
Presentation of award from L-R: Unama'ki, Michael Fontaine and Goodfish Lake.
- Unama'ki Economic Benefits Office, NS (Community Category)
- Michael Fontaine, Sagkeeng First Nation, MB (Individual Category)
- Goodfish Lake Development Limited Partnership, AB (Aboriginal Private Sector Business Category)