A Technician Aboriginal Economic Developer certification is valid for a total of 4 years and must be renewed thereafter.
To renew your TAED, you must complete a total of 30 training hours, and hold a Cando individual membership. These hours can be accumulated over the four year period leading up to your TAED renewal.
The following are a list of activities that would qualify for training hours.
Please note, for every hour participated in the activities goes towards the 30hr minimum required to renew:
• Attendance at a Cando Annual National Conference & AGM (20hrs accumulated here)
• Other economic development training courses (i.e Links to Learning)
• Speaking/presenting at a conference
• Other related courses/workshops
• Development/delivery of a workshop, lecturers, webinars, seminars
• Economic development board representation
• Research participation/delivery
• Other (to be assessed on an individual basis)
For help applying, or more information, contact a certification coordinator:
Western Region (Manitoba and west)
Carmelle Nepoose, Cando Certification Coordinator at 1-780-990-0303 ext 237
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Eastern Region (Ontario and east)
Anita Boyle, Cando Certification Coordinator at 1-506-623-9596
or email: email@example.com for more information.