The Certification Process benefits more than the Aboriginal EDO and the employer. The following is a brief overview of some of the benefits to others:
The Process enables Aboriginal Communities to:
- Hire members who are familiar with the history and the norms of the community, rather than outside consultants.
- Encourage capacity building and economic growth through qualified Aboriginal EDOs.
The Process helps Corporate Canada to:
- Use an existing education/training model and professional designation process to train corporate community service or liaison officers to a national standard recognized within the Aboriginal economic development community.
- Access an Aboriginal work force with standardized skills and knowledge.
The Process enables Post Secondary Institutions to:
- Attracts students interested in Aboriginal community economic development by providing a relevant curriculum that leads to a professional designation.
- Increase linkages with Aboriginal communities and organizations through the national audience of the Certification Process.
- Increase the percentage of Aboriginal students enrolled in their institution, and increase retention rates of these students.
For more information:
Western Region (Manitoba west)
Megan Arcand, Cando Certification Coordinator at 1-780-990-0303 ext 237
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Eastern Region (Ontario east)
Anita Boyle, Cando Certification Coordinator at 1-506-623-9596
or email: email@example.com for more information.