A Cando membership is an investment in Indigenous economic development. We serve hundreds of EDOs, corporate leaders and government representatives throughout Canada.
Cando Member Benefits
- Discount registration at the Cando Annual National Conference & AGM.
- Subscription to Cando Connect Magazine & (e) Connect News.
- Access to the Certified Aboriginal Economic Developer Process.
- Discount subscription to Cando’s Journal of Aboriginal Economic Development, the only journal of it’s kind in Canada.
- Opportunity to advertise events & services through Cando’s nation-wide network.
- Voting privileges at Cando’s national and regional meetings (Full Members only).
- Preferred corporate rate at Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre Edmonton South.
Reserve guestrooms by contacting Reservations Department at 780-438-1222,
or by using the following URL for online booking: CANDO.
- Please note: The rate code is CANDO.
Rates are based on single & double occupancy. $20.00 additional person(s).
Buffet breakfast is included for up to two person(s).
The discounted rate of $89.00 per night plus taxes applies for our standard 1 king or 2 queen rooms.
The discounted rate of $129.00 per night plus taxes applies for our king 1 bedroom suites.
A cancellation policy of 4:00 pm on the date of arrival applies.
- Please note: The rate code is CANDO.
PLEASE NOTE, CANDO'S MEMBERSHIPS ARE NOT TRANSFERRABLE AND CANNOT BE PRORATED. ALL MEMBERSHIPS EXPIRE ON MARCH 31ST OF EACH YEAR.
2019 Cando Membership Contest!
Cando members can win up to $2000!
The earlier you become a Cando member the more you can win!
• Be a paid Cando member by May 1, 2019 to win $2,000!
• Be a paid Cando member by August 1, 2019 to win $1,500!
• Be a paid Cando mamber by October 1, 2019 to win $1,000!
All paid memberships received between January 1, 2019 and October 1, 2019 will be eligible for this draw.
The draw will be made in October with the winner to be announced at the 2019 Cando Conference.
Cando Membership Categories
Membership categories have been designed to meet any individual or corporate need. Please find all downloadable PDF Cando Membership Forms available here:
Full Individual Membership
$100.00 per year (plus applicable taxes*)
Open to individuals who function as economic development personnel within an Aboriginal community or organization. Full members enjoy all the benefits of Cando membership and have full voting privileges at national and regional meetings. Subject to verification of eligibility.
$85.00 per year (plus applicable taxes*)
Open to any individual who supports Cando’s goals and objectives and is interested in keeping abreast of our activities. Associate members do not have voting privileges but enjoy all other benefits of Cando membership.
$25.00 per year (plus applicable taxes*)
Open to individual students currently enrolled in one of the following fields of study: Business Administration/Economics; Business Finance; Business Management; Natural Resources and / or Community Economic Development.
Note: if an individual is a student as well as a practicing EDO, he/she can have an option of taking a Full Membership instead of a Student membership, and consequently have voting rights. Conversely: If a Student member would like to run for the Student Board position, he/she must provide proof in the form of a student card issued by their educational institution stating that they are enrolled in one of the qualified fields of study.
$300.00 per year (plus applicable taxes*)
Open to companies, organizations, agencies, associations, and other groups that support Cando’s goals and objectives and are interested in keeping abreast of our activities. Corporate members do not have voting privileges but enjoy all other benefits of Cando membership.
AB, BC, MB, NT, NU, QC, SK & YT - GST (5%)
NB, NF, NS, PEI - HST (15%)
ON - HST (13%)